Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

What could be more appropriate than black cats on Friday the 13th?

I don't know how many of you read The Mows. If you do, you probably know Indy and Tiggy have a 'Fat Sister' Nonie.


I got a 'Fat Sister'!!!!


She makes a great pillow!!!

Now we're even harder to tell apart! Well, except, I'm not fat! I'm just a Big Man-Cat!!!


Sad news, though. Everycat needs to go over to see Sophia and DKM and purr on them. Joaquin has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Maybe we should all go to Manx Mnews and purr on Boo too. She must be sad to lose her friend Joaquin.

From: Lullabye #1

Lay the moon to sleep
to her flowing dreams
in her slumber deep
her shining star-eye gleams

Rest your weary head
in twilight so serene
she, in sombre bed
whispers what she's seen

No more will I know
touch of his sweet breath
love is slain by foe
he passes now in death

Lay the moon to sleep
dream awhile of me
as crows, their harvest reap
remembered you will be

by: my OTW

11 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a beautiful poem by your OTW. Two black cats for Friday the 13th are appropriate!

LZ said...

I think your black fur looks divine. Especially since there are two of you. Can I sniff it? I bet it smells neat. My mommacat was black.

Kaze

Christine and FAZ said...

Sweet dreams you too having your nap together. And, what a lovely poem as well. I think we should start up a poet cats club for all of us cat poetry fans. FAZ

The Crew said...

Jack, you'd better watch out what you say. Chey got in trouble for calling her sister a Puffalump. You don't know if Persephone might decide to report you to the news media!

Anonymous said...

Hey now Jack, here's to all us lucky black cats on this Friday the 13th. You're one sleek and handsome fellow!

Cheers
Nicky
(Kelly Cat's housemate)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

What a lovely poem ... leaky eyes.
DMM

Karen Jo said...

I am really sad to read about Joquin. The poem is lovely. Two black cats for Friday the 13th is very appropriate.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

LC: I am mostly black now. But I say all cats are black at midnight... An especially on Friday the 13th! ;)

DK & The Fluffies said...

Thanks for the lovely poem! ~DKM

Rascal said...

Excellent photos, excellent poem, excellent Cats.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Momma says there has been much sadness in the blogging community of late.

She really loves that poem.

Precious