For Thursday Thirteen, I’m going to show you around my place so you know where you’re going when you get here. Here’s a layout of the apartment.
1. The first room is the all-important Litter Box Room! Sorry about the mess. Little Miss Digs-to-China had just been in, and it’s the only picture of the boxes that we have.
We have two covered boxes, and my OTW is going to put out a couple more uncovered ones for those kitties who don’t like the covered ones. There will also be a litter-box attendant stationed just outside the room so when kitties use the box it will be scooped immediately and be nice and fresh for the next kitty.
2. Next we have the Sleeping Room. As you can see we have a very large bed (at least when the humans aren’t hogging it), which can sleep many kitties.
There’s also the closet, with sheepie-skins on the floor and bins with blankets on top, and if you climb right to the back, you can curl up between the bottoms of all my peoples’ Viking clothes.
And there’s a chair and laundry baskets.
And if you like to hide, you can sleep under the bed skirt!
3. This is the Quiet Room. This is the Big One’s Office and he gets cranky if kitties climb stuff in here. Though the desktop is ok. This is going to be the Quiet Room for kitties who just want to lounge around and meow with their friends without being run over by kitties racing around like their butts are on fire! Also the Big One’s worried about kittens chewing on all his cords. So the older kitties can keep an eye out that no kittens start chewing on stuff in here.
4. Next is the tub Hockey Room. I can’t show you that. My OTW hasn’t cleaned it yet and won’t let me. But it’s a basic tub hockey arena.
5. This is the door to the storage closet. Don’t go in there. My OTW will squirt you with the Bad Cat Bottle!
6. Look what my OTW did for the climbing room!! She emptied the shelves and stacked boxes to make a kitty-jungle gym!
This is the other side of the room! There’s a good view out the window, and a scratcher tied to the bookcase so you can get a good stretch going while you scratch!
7. Here we have the Shoe-Chewing Closet! Wasn’t Squeak a little cutie then? She’s bigger than Persephone now!
8. This is the Racing Like Your Butt’s on Fire Hallway, outside our apartment. We have to be snoopervised by humans here, but it’s really really REALLY long!
And Miles? This is the Walk-On-the-Ceiling Hallway too!
9. This is the Chef’s Station. The Big One is catering! Try not to trip him. He isn’t always steady on his feet and you don’t want him to drop one of his veryveryvery sharp knives on you!
10. Remember this? Tuesday it was my toy buffet table. At the party it’ll be for food! We may even have to put the table in the play room here too! But don't worry, the Chef will be on duty all night to refill trays and put out new goodies!
11. This is our blogging station! During the party we can leave crank blog comments and Catster messages for our friends!!! Heeheehee!!!
12. Play Room. There’s the Fort Chair at the back, the Red Chair War-room in the back corner, and our Tag-Your-It Couch. The Cat House with Tree is by the window and remember those boxes stacked on the table in the Climbing room? They’re full of big sheets of paper! My OTW is going to scatter the boxes and paper all over the room for us!
There’s a cat cave, and the rolly thing, and a grooming arch, and my toy box is on the bottom shelf.
And there’s two huge jungle gyms for more agile kitties!! This is an old picture of Squeak playing on one!
And there’s a Covered Wooden Cat Bridge beside the couch!
13. And finally, the Vishus Deer and Bird Viewing Balcony. Don’t worry everycat. We’re high up. The vishus deers can’t reach us here! But sometimes birdies land on the railing!
There’s this great tree right by our balcony too! It’s too far to leap to, by the birdies are always hanging around it!! (Don’t worry, the picture is old. We don’t have snow yet, my OTW just realized winter was the only time she ever took pictures of the tree.)