So I was tagged by Karl and by Mickey for the Desktop meme, and decided to do it for Thursday 13, as I have 13 things on my desktop (no, really, I didn't change anything!)
Here are the rules for the meme:
Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop.It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. Here’s how you can do a screen capture:
1.Go to your desktop and press the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).
2.Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and doing a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image before saving it.
3.Post the picture on your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop if you want. You can explain why you prefer such a look or why it is full of icons. Things like that.
4.Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktops as well.
Thirteen Things on my Desktop:
1. Folder- Unused Desktop Icons: all the shortcut icons my OTW never uses, but didn't want to delete. She's a packrat, even on her computer!
2. Text File- Blogger reply: a reply to someone's blog I was writing when the Big One stole the computer from me! Apparently my OTW can't even be trusted to keep my desktop free of old stuff-I-don't-need!
3. MP3 File-You're Pitiful: Some human named Weird Al did a song that made fun of another song that the Big One hates. The file is there so he could find it. It still hasn't been cleaned away.
4. XML File- Template: Opens with Dreamweaver. We don't even have Dreamweaver. So I don't know what it is.
5. GIF File- Lazer Badgers: An icon for Live Journal someone made. It's Badgers! With Lazer Eyes! I mean really, they're shooting lazers out of their eyes!
6. JPG File- Catster Badge: My Catster badge picture so the Big One could find it easily when he helped my OTW put it on my blog. Still not cleaned away.
7. Shortcut- Shapshifter: A game my OTW plays when she should be petting me, or letting me visit friends' blogs.
8. Shortcut- Luxor: Another game my OTW wastes her Petting-Jack time on.
9. GIF File- Peekaboo: Animated GIF of Peekaboo from the comic Rose is Rose. She's taste-testing jalapeño dip. Her mom tells her jalapeño dip is a reason not to go on the counters. That doesn't even make sense. My OTW doesn't like the comic so much. She says it's like eating too much sugar, but she likes Peekaboo, the cat. Today's is funny (Oct 4).
10. Shortcut-Internet Explorer: My OTW used to use this shortcut to make sure the first window open was an IE file, 'cause the computer groups open windows of the same type together, and she likes the IE ones to be first.
11. Recycle Bin: Junk. When my OTW actually cleans stuff up. Which is practically never. She does throw out bad photos though.
12. Murray Stuff: Murray would be the Big One. That's his stuff on my OTW's part of the computer. They have separate parts, but sometimes he wants to do stuff when my OTW or me are on the computer and we don't want him to log us out and go into his part, 'cause then we'd have to save or finish everything we were working on and log out of all our stuff like Catster and Blogger and that stuff, and log back in when he was done.
13. This : An online cartoon called Two Lumps, about two Russian Blue cats named Ebeneezer and Snooch. The link is to the one on my desktop. But if you've never read them click on 'First' and read them all! They're as good as The Mows.
Now. Tagging five. Hmmm, you know, most kitties I know have been tagged. I'll posted this and check around and if I can find kitties to tag, I'll come back and tag them.
Oh and we changed our template to pink for Breast Cancer awareness. I picked this one, because it was still vaguely dignified for a big tough Viking Man-cat like me. The Pink version of our usual templete was just.......PINK. ::shudder::